What are the authorised purposes of recycled water at this community?
Altogether Pitt Town reuses wastewater through its local sustainable recycled water network, providing homes with a secure and environmentally friendly source of water to keep gardens and local sporting fields green all year.
Each license is unique but in this community recycled water can be used for:
- toilet flushing
- cold water supplies to washing machines
- irrigation of public open space
- irrigation of gardens and lawns
- use in ornamental water features
- car washing
- washdown of hard surfaces