We are seeking
A Collections team leader. Reporting directly to the Operations and Finance managers, the Collections Team Leader is responsible for managing and coordinating the team to ensure accurate monitoring, processing and maintaining of customer accounts, financial data, and approved collections strategy. The focus is on ensuring consumer and regulatory protections are met whilst best managing the account/customer during the collection cycle.
- Manage and coordinate workflow in relation to the customer debt collection process;
- Liaise with customer service and billing team to ensure customer accounts are established accurately and in a timely manner;
- Proactively monitor collection strategy and identify and implement business improvements;
- Monitor and support team to ensure KPIs are achieved in relation to customer service, safety, maintenance of customer accounts, and reporting;
- Assist team members and provide coaching as required with emphasis on upskilling their abilities and knowledge;
- Attend and participate in regular team briefs and meetings with positive and collaborative approach;
- Monitor performance and provide weekly reporting updates to management;
- Monitor and resolve any customer complaints, ensuring compliance with complaint policy;
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all company policies and procedures and adhere to Retail compliance regulations.
Year 12 level of education or equivalent
- Proven work experience as a team leader or supervisor within the utilities industry will be highly regarded;
- Excellent communication and leadership skills;
- Demonstrated decision-making skills;
- Extensive knowledge of debt collection and credit process, in particular, relating to the National Energy Industry
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate empathetically and respectfully with customers or associated parties, within guidelines relating to outstanding debt recovery or financial position of customers, therefore discretion, reliability and confidentiality are essential.
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn customer billing IT systems, especially in the area of customer accounts (eg Blue Billing, BCMax)
- Experience in a debt management environment. Preferable if you can demonstrate ability in reporting, investigations and analysis.
Candidates will have a flexible approach to hours, and will be a diligent self-starter with the ability to work collaboratively with other areas of the business. Candidates must have strong computer and communications skills, specifically in Excel and Outlook.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks including references, health assessment which includes a drug and alcohol screening, and police check.
Why Altogether Group?
You will be working within an energetic organisation that encourages your growth and development and provides the best of facilities for its employees.
You will enjoy a collaborative work culture where you will be supported and empowered to contribute your ideas and identify opportunities for your team, the business and yourself. We are dedicated to the values of diversity and inclusion and have a firm commitment to ethical practices and corporate responsibility.
- Flexible workplace
- Health and well-being initiatives
- Excellent on-site facilities such as end of trip showers, lockers and bike racks
- Free parking